Were You Injured In A Train Or Crossing Accident?
National statistics show that every two hours, there is a train accident that involves property damage, injury or death. If you or a loved one is part of this statistic, call us to schedule a no-cost, no-obligation consultation: 540-904-1621 or toll free at 888-635-6304.
A few other facts about train mishaps:
- Every 90 minutes, there is a train collision or derailment.
- A train carrying hazardous material goes off the tracks approximately every two weeks in the United States.
- Railroads are self-regulated and fall under the scrutiny of the federal government.
- Rail companies continue to rely on technology that was developed over 70 years ago and very little effort has been made to update safety measures.
- Local jurisdictions have little or no control over train travel in their communities.
- More than 50 percent of all railroad accidents occur at unprotected crossings. According to the Federal Railroad Administration, over 80 percent of railroad crossings don’t have adequate warning devices.
- Rail companies have failed to educate the public, improve warning systems and enforce regulations.
Click to view statistics compiled by the Federal Railroad Administration, Office of Safety Analysis.
If you or someone in your family has been injured due to the negligence of a railroad, common carrier or other transportation company, you may be able to file a claim to recover your damages. We handle train accidents and railroad worker injuries involving:
- Rail crossing injuries
- Train collisions
- Train derailments
- Poorly maintained tracks
- Noncompliance with safety standards
- Inadequate security and other negligence issues