We Take Your Personal Injury Seriously
Personal injuries can cause not only physical pain and suffering, but also emotional and financial disaster through loss of work, medical bills and stress for injured individuals and their families.
The Virginia personal injury lawyers at Cranwell & Moore P.L.C. represent clients in cases involving the negligence and carelessness of others. Our law firm handles all types of serious injury and wrongful death cases. Please call us today at 540-904-1621 or toll-free at 888-635-6304 to discuss any of the following personal injury situations.
Experienced Trial Lawyers Who Have Handled Many Scenarios
Our attorneys have more than 100 years of combined legal experience, including litigating a wide spectrum of personal injury lawsuits:
- Motor vehicle accidents: We handle car accidents, trucking collisions, motorcycle crashes and more.
- Medical malpractice: We regularly seek compensation for clients suffering serious injury or the wrongful death of a loved one due to medical negligence by doctors, hospitals and other health care providers.
- Nursing home injuries: We hold elder care facilities accountable for abuse or neglect resulting in falls, bedsores, malnourishment, assault or death.
- Railroad injury and disability: We accept many railroad injury cases, including specific injury and cumulative trauma injuries. We also handle railroad disability appeals.
- Defective products: We have the experience to handle product liability for dangerous consumer products.
- Slip-and-fall accidents: We accept numerous premises liability cases, including slip-and-fall and trip-and-fall injuries.
We Excel In Cases With The Most Severe Injuries
Our personal injury lawyers work to maximize your recovery. This is especially important in cases resulting in permanent injury or fatality – the money must cover not only your losses to date but the ongoing impact in the months and years to come. We have helped individuals and families dealing with major injuries such as:
- Spinal cord injury and paralysis
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Broken bones and fractures
- Burns and disfigurement
- Eye injuries and blindness
- Internal injuries and organ damage
- Wrongful death
We are equipped to handle the big cases, but we welcome anyone who suffered a lasting injury because of the negligence or intentional actions of others.
What Damages Apply In A Personal Injury Case?
In a personal injury lawsuit, you are entitled to compensation for all medical bills, including surgery, rehab, medical equipment and medications, as well as future medical care. You can recover lost wages if you missed work and future earnings if you can no longer work or your earning capacity is diminished. You are also entitled to damages for disfigurement, permanent disability, and the pain and suffering you endured.
In a wrongful death lawsuit, the surviving family members can seek compensation for loss of the person’s income, loss of their companionship and support, loss of consortium (marital relations), and loss of household services.
How Much Does It Cost To Hire A Lawyer?
We take cases on a contingency fee, which means there is no upfront cost to you and you owe no attorney fees unless we recover compensation on your behalf. Our fees are a set percentage of the settlement or jury award, so we have an incentive to maximize your recovery.
How Do I Know If I Have A Case?
Our attorneys can look at the facts of your case to determine if you have a legally valid claim and to identify all parties who may be liable. We can also advise on how soon you must act to preserve your rights and whether you may be entitled to financial benefits before your lawsuit is resolved. This case evaluation is provided at no charge, so it costs you nothing to find out where you stand.
What Can I Do To Help My Personal Injury Case?
- Seek medical attention promptly, and follow up with treatment. Medical documentation is critical to proving damages.
- Don’t sign anything or give a statement to an insurance adjuster before talking to an attorney.
- Don’t discuss your accident or injuries with anyone, especially on social media.
- If possible, get photo or video evidence: your injuries, the vehicles, the location, etc.
- If possible, get contact information from witnesses.