Are You Prepared In The Event Of An Accident?
A car accident is a jarring experience with consequences that can affect your physical well-being and your finances. What you do after an accident can significantly alter these consequences.
At Cranwell & Moore P.L.C., Attorneys at Law, we take safety seriously. If you have been injured in a car accident caused by another driver’s negligence, we can help you fight for the compensation you deserve. On this page, we will review some commonsense information that can help you in the immediate wake of a car accident.
Knowing A Few Simple Tips Can Make A Difference
The first thing you should do after an accident is ensure your own physical safety and the safety of others in your vehicle. Get out of harm’s way as soon as possible, call 911 and obtain the medical treatment you need. When your physical well-being has been safeguarded, the following tips can make a difference in any personal injury litigation that may arise:
- Get the other driver’s insurance information.
- Take pictures of the accident scene, including damage to the vehicles, skid marks and road conditions.
- Gather information from anyone who was an eyewitness to the accident.
- Document any injuries you suffered in the accident. Take pictures of bruises, lacerations and other injuries, if possible.
Just as important as what to do after an accident is what not to do, including the following:
- Do not make any statements to the at-fault driver’s insurance company before talking to your lawyer. They have their own interests in mind. Your attorney can help you understand your rights and, if circumstances warrant, guide you through the process of pursuing a motor vehicle accident claim.
Talk With An Attorney Who Can Protect Your Rights
If you have suffered an injury in a motor vehicle accident in Virginia, our lawyers are here to help you pursue fair and just compensation for your losses. To arrange a free initial consultation with an experienced car accident attorney in Roanoke, contact us online or by telephone at 540-904-1621.