C. Richard Cranwell was born in Ceredo-Kenova, West Virginia, on July 26, 1942. He received his B.S. from Virginia Polytechnic Institute in 1965, and his J.D. from the University of Richmond in 1968. Mr. Cranwell is admitted to practice law in all state courts in Virginia, the United States District Court for the Western District of Virginia, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, the United States Courts of Appeal for the District of Columbia, the 4th Circuit and the 6th Circuit.
Mr. Cranwell is an active member in good standing of the Virginia State Bar, the American Bar Association, the Association of Trial Lawyers of America, the Academy of Rail Labor Attorneys, the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association and the Roanoke County-Salem Bar Association. Mr. Cranwell practices in the areas of: Civil Litigation, Personal Injury Law, Railroad Injury Law (FELA), Products Liability Law, and Medical Malpractice Law.
- University of Richmond, The T.C. Williams School of Law, Richmond, Virginia
- J.D. - 1968
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute, Blacksburg, Virginia
- B.S. - 1965
Current Employment Position
- Virginia, 1968
- U.S. District Court Western District of Virginia, 1968
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Virginia, 1980
- U.S. Court of Appeals District of Columbia Circuit, 1982
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1996