Devon J. Munro
For over a decade, Devon Munro has fought for the rights of individuals and businesses in state and federal courts, and has achieved hard-won results in a variety of cases. First and foremost, he insists on meaningful and straightforward communication with every client, because he believes that effective advocacy begins with mutual, working trust. Devon commits first to understanding his client's priorities, and then executing the right strategy with determination and vision.
As his track record in both civil and criminal trial practice proves, Devon is particularly good at navigating mazelike pathways to achieve significant results. He has established particular skills as a trial lawyer handling complex personal injury, product liability, malpractice, contract, and property rights cases. He has also developed and shepherded to settlement two nationwide, federal class actions relating to overtime pay and consumer fraud, and has argued successful appeals before the Virginia Supreme Court.
As a former North Carolina prosecutor, Devon was responsible for prosecuting all of the felonies and misdemeanors in two counties.
Based on his abilities and character, Devon has earned the highest-category "AV" rating by Martindale-Hubbell from his peers in the legal community.
Areas of Practice
- Catastrophic Injury
- Product Liability
- Property Rights
- Contract Disputes
- North Carolina, 2000
- Virginia, 2002
- Virginia Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court Western District of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- Washington and Lee University School of Law, Lexington, Virginia
- J.D. magna cum laude - 2000
- Honors: Order of the Coif
- Honors: Omicron Delta Kappa
- Florida State University
- B.A. cum laude - 1995
- Major: American Studies
- “Class Actions in Virginia State Court? Or is it just Bull?” , THE JOURNAL OF THE VIRGINIA TRIAL LAWYERS ASSOCIATION, Vol 23: No. 4 (Fall 2012)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Roanoke Bar Association
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association